Thursday, April 24, 2014

God Winks

So one of my co-workers from my last job, has turned into one of my dearest kindred spirits when it comes to God.  She has let me whine and complain and cry on her shoulder many a time over my pity party about being single and kid-less.  I will admit there was a time or two I wanted to punch her. Like when she would say stuff like "Maybe God's mission for your life is to be the bright light in your niece and nephew's lives, rather than have a family of your own."  But honestly, she could be right. Now I can embrace it, but back then it just seemed like a pathetic reason, AND from a married person, that I might add, really didn't care to get married. Yeah I know right!

I appreciate her sticking by me despite my cranky thoughts and loving me anyway.  She, through her own journey, has been a great witness to me.  She is an emotional person that is a perfectionist and can be overly self critical too sometimes like me.  Over a 2 year span I watched her go from a very wind blown person with her emotions, very anxious, to a much calmer happier person.  It was beautiful really and continues to bless me through her friendship.

She started saying "Oh what a God wink!" at work.  So I asked her what that meant. She said it is when God does something good especially for you.  She had read a book by Squire Rushnell called When God Winks at You.  It is a book about how God winks at us through things that most people chalk up to coincidence.  When I was going through my major melt down in 2012 she gave it to me.

We both started having fun paying attention in the day and calling out to each other when we had a God Wink. Anything Good out of the ordinary, would qualify and that would helps us through the day.  An example would be a cancellation on our schedule when we were buried in paperwork or a compliment from the usual cranky co-worker down the hall.

God loves communicating with us and He will try and find anyway possible way He can that will make sense to us. A lot of times, in a very unique and meaningful way personally.  One example this week for me was a note on the inside of a Dove chocolate wrapper. :) lol yeah sounds crazy I know, but hear me out.

I had been praying that morning that God would show me if I needed to do something different with my life. Different like if I needed to be a missionary or move to another town.  I just have been thinking a lot about being totally submitted to God in everything and willing to go and do anything God wants of me.  I feel sometimes that my life is so easy in many ways here in America or even in my town.

So, anyway, I get to work and part way in the day, after I had nearly forgot my prayer, I open up the wrapper and read "You are exactly where you should be" Love Dove.
I nearly fell out of my chair! Talk about specific and very special answer to my prayer!  The only thing that was misprinted on the wrapper was Love Dove.  It should have been Love God.  I say Major God Wink!

There was a while where I was keeping track of the ones I could remember in a notebook, and there was not a day that went by that I did not have something to write down, many times I have several.  He longs to share special moments like these with us.

So what were your God winks today?  Ask Him for one!  I bet you'll be surprised and amazed at what you learn about how much God loves you.


No comments: