Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Best Armor Ever!

This morning it was hard to wake up.  Even after going to bed early, still dragging my feet.  Emotionally and spiritually, I have been through a battle over the last couple days.  And I feel it.  Like being sore after an accident.

I know a lot of times people start talking about God and speak of His love and goodness and it can seem like all sunshine and fairy tales.  Honestly, God IS amazing and His love and goodness IS miraculous and wonderful! But I would be awry to say that the Christian walk is all sugar and spice and everything nice.

The Bible warns us about the devil in 1 Peter 5:8

  • "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
Sometimes in the blessings God gives I get lost in that and forget that the devil hates it when I grow in God and try to reach others.  He goes on attack and tries to devour and steal my hope, faith, joy, and peace by trials and distractions in my life.  He has watched me for 39 years.  He knows what my weakness are and how to trip me up to try and get me to doubt God.

So I shared my faith with someone, I felt like God lifted me up and reminded me to wait on Him.  I was feeling Good.  But the devil attacks and I being to feel disconnected over the weekend and put in positions where my singleness really shows and makes me feel odd and out of place. Again like a lion, the devil tries to isolate me from the pack and circle me and feed me lies so I give up and doubt God.

Loneliness crept into my heart and by Sunday night I was feeling emotionally drained.  Even yesterday I struggled to be my usual chipper self to my pt.'s and longing for the work day to be over so I could go home and hide. I prayed the whole day just giving my pain to God. I got home and I was in my PJ's at 6:30pm and ready for bed and my sister-in-law stopped by with my 2 year old niece.  My soul refreshed some from the long day.

This morning I still struggle, but I remember that I came out of a battle.  Every time I step out in faith and try to reach out to others for God the devil is going to try and take me down.  Jesus warns His disciples that they will face many struggles and some will even be put to death because of the Gospel message.

Even though, these days were rough and I still feel emotionally drained God gives me what I need to fight and protects me from the devils attacks as long as I keep giving things to Him and keep my face toward Him.  Ephesians 6:10-12
  •    "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. " NIV
Are you finding yourself getting closer to God?  Are you trying to share your faith with another? Are you trying to step out in faith in service to God?  The devil will attack.  He will try and isolate you and take you down and shatter your faith, but GOD IS STRONGER.  Turn to God, tell Him you struggle, and put on the full armor of God and call on Him.  In God you WILL win  the battle!  

No comments: