Wednesday, July 23, 2014

God is God, Let God be God

This was an inspiring quote this week for me from the book Restless by Jennie Allen, I thought I'd share.

"Faith is the measure to which we believe God is God.  And Faith is the measure to which we let God be God." pg. 202

This week I have been thinking about why today as Christians in America we struggle to really live out our faith and make a real impact.  I'm sure many of you could list off a few things that could definitely ring true. 

In this last year 1/2 + my heart has been set on going beyond just a passive spectator "good person" that never causes any ruffles.  My prayer has been, "Lord, I want to be fruitful" "I want my Christian life to bear fruit"

Doesn't it have everything to do with who we really believe God is and how much we surrender to Him and let Him be who He is in our lives?

Something to really think about.  Are we as Christians here in American and 1st world countries going to sit back and relax in the comforts we have and get lulled to sleep with endless distraction?  Have we really forgotten Who God really is?  How powerful He is? And what miracles He can work if we just let go of our egos, selfishness, and let Him do what He does best in our hearts?

Wouldn't our churches be different? Wouldn't our communities be different? Wouldn't this world be a different place if we did?

What would it take for you to really surrender completely to God and believe He is who He says He is and let Him be Who longs to be in your heart to you and others?  Blessings to each one of you that dares to take a step closer to God this day!

No comments: