Sunday, July 6, 2014

DIY? No, Share!

Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend enjoying the freedoms you have been given.  I enjoyed spending time with good friends and a little time with my niece and nephew which is always a blessing.

This weekend I was also reminded how important it is to let God minister to you through others.  I can be a very private person about some things in my life, because I am afraid of criticism or rejection.  Plus being introverted and crazy bent in some ways to do it myself, I have a hard time sometimes letting others in.

My niece right now is in this phase of being 2.  If any mom's are reading you know exactly what I mean :) LOL :) For the rest of you, the terrible 2's is not a wives tale, it really happens :)  Around 2 kids are finding out they are their own person separate from mom and dad.  They are learning and growing and finding they are able to do things on their own.  So my niece's mantra right now is "I do it by myself!" Sometimes in cute little girl voice, or screaming defiantly voice. :)

I laugh, but I also realized that this is not far from what I do with many people and God.  This mentality to do it yourself, seems good, but when boiled down, is only very isolating.

In my small group tonight, the topic was about being a spiritual family and how we need each other.  With my family conflict going on I have been very careful who I talk to about this.  I have opened up to a couple people, and that has helped some, but I realized tonight more that opening up to this small group was important too.

I don't need to tell them the nitty gritty details, but just giving brief description and asking for prayer allows God to minister through his people and fortify his kids, us as believers. So I shared some with them, and someone else in the group was also moved to share their struggle they were having in their family.  I shared God's promise from the Bible about God telling the Israelites to not be afriad, stand firm... He would fight for them, all they needed to do was be still.

You know sharing help me to feel less alone in my struggle and this verse also spoke to this other person as well.  It drew us closer together as a group and God lifted both of us up and encouraged us. As I hugged them goodbye, they quietly said to me "we are going to get our miracle yet"  What comfort!

God provides abundantly!  Sometimes we limit Him because we are too afraid to let Him or anyone else in. Not every situation is a safe place to share with people. I'm not saying you need to yell your troubles on the street corner.  But God does provide people to help us and nudges us to let go and share.  Suddenly, the doors of heaven open and blessing are poured out not only on the one sharing but others.

As Christians we need each other! We are stronger, healthier, and more fortified as believers when we share with each other. The burdens are lifted and we more easily keep our eyes on Jesus together.

So Good lesson for me this weekend is to quit trying to carry loads by myself, and to also share how God encourages me.  Both pack powerful stuff from God!

What pain or struggle do you keep really close to you?  What people has God or is God bringing into your life and nudging you share?  Or Maybe God has moved in your struggle and is encouraging you to share.  You may find that letting go and letting others see you, may open doors to blessings and comfort  from God that you can't even imagine, for you and maybe for someone else too! So share! "We will get our miracle, yet"





No comments: