Monday, March 23, 2015

Confession and a Bulldozer




So a subject that has been on my mind a lot lately is confession.  Mainly for how it keeps the road more clear between me and God.  It allows me to be in better communion with Him and hear Him more speaking in my life. 

This concept of confession did not dawn on me till just in the last couple years.  That confession is the key to the bulldozer that clears out the garbage between me and God. I'm not perfect at it all the time, but I do see as I take time daily to reflect and lay in front of God the things that come to me where I had a bad attitude toward someone or got impatient or selfish, the road of communication becomes more clear.

The Bible tells us there are times when some people have been so full of sin that God fails to hear them.  Now I'm not sure that it refers to the literal sense of hearing or more that God does not give them what they want because their hearts aren't right with Him. They don't confess and repent, they just want relief from their suffering. 
  • Isaiah 59:1-2 - "Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save,
    nor his ear too dull to hear.
     But your iniquities have separated
    you from your God;
    your sins have hidden his face from you,
    so that he will not hear." NIV
David in psalms also talks about his state before confession to God and what God did when he did confess.
  • Psalms 32:3-5 - "When I kept silent,
    my bones wasted away
    through my groaning all day long.
     For day and night
    your hand was heavy on me;
    my strength was sapped
    as in the heat of summer.
     Then I acknowledged my sin to you
    and did not cover up my iniquity.
    I said, “I will confess
    my transgressions to the Lord.”
    And you forgave
    the guilt of my sin."NIV
The beautiful thing about God is if we confess, He forgives us and cleanses us from everything! 
  •  1 John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" NIV 
And when we do this, His eyes are on us and He hears us!
  •  1 Peter 3:12 - "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
    and his ears are attentive to their prayer,....." NIV
 I know this is a lot of verses but such an important key to our communication with God and having it healthy and working right.
God wants to show us and teach us sooooooo much! Why not take the time every day to ask God to reveal to us what we should confess. Then God can get out the bulldozer of forgiveness clear the path and cleans us opening better communication. Wouldn't we all benefit from hearing God more in our life?  You have only sins to lose and forgiveness and whole lot of awesome to gain! :)




No comments: